Saturday, January 26, 2013

Homemade Citrus Vinegar


    Vinegar is the MVP of cleaning staples I have in my house. I use it for everything! I love not letting any food scraps go to waste so I found a way to use up old orange rinds. I simply save them in a plastic bag in the freezer until I have enough to make citrus vinegar. Lemons and tangerines are also good. I didn't care for the lime rinds I tested but maybe you would have more success with them.

Citrus Vinegar
glass jar stuffed full of citrus peels
plain white vinegar

Fill the jar over the top of the peels or they will mold.
Cover and keep in a dark place for 2-4 weeks.
Strain and store in a glass jar.
Use at half strength diluted with water for a general cleaner.

Look HERE for some recipes I use citrus vinegar in.

No comments:

Post a Comment